23 Strong Topic Suggestions For A Research Paper On Health Economics
The health condition of a nation affects its economy, so it’s no wonder that this issue is constantly in the focus of attention of both students and professors. A list of health economics research paper topics should help you start your study off.
Worthy Research Paper Topics Related to Health Economics
- Estimate the health care costs of obesity.
- What is the correlation between health care expenditures and GDP in the USA?
- About chronic diseases and how they affect labor force.
- What are the most cost-effective preventative health measures?
- How can the ban on tobacco advertising improve the economy?
- How does alcohol misuse rob us millions of dollars and lives?
- Does unhealthy nation mean poor nation?
- An overview of the main issues related to mental health economics.
- How are the notions of health and economics interrelated?
- What reforms in the health care sector are necessary to restore the economy?
- What should state institutions do to promote a healthy lifestyle?
- On the importance of health insurance.
- Are mandatory vaccinations economically justified?
- On the impact of health insurance programs for children.
- Is free health care economically justified?
- How do Medicaid expansions change labor supply?
- Do we need higher alcohol and tobacco prices to boost the economy?
- On the costs of treating cardiovascular diseases and methods to reduce these costs.
- On the effect of cheap stores on childhood obesity.
- How do governments manipulate health care cost data?
- Is health care a necessity or extravagance?
- Life expectancy and health care expenditures.
- What is the annual cost of diabetes mellitus in the USA?
What Are the Best Health Research Paper Topics for College Students?
You may choose one of the suggestions mentioned above or generate the topic yourself. The best topic would be the one that is interesting for you and which you will be able to conduct an effective research on. Your topic should also be relevant to the course, so you may need to consult your teacher on this issue.
Look at how other students title their health economics studies. Thus you may get the idea of what you would like to write about yourself. Stay away from outright copying other people’s works, though. A college research paper is where you have to express your own views, and your teacher will be able to recognize whether you have written the work yourself or not. Keep in mind that plagiarism is a serious issue that is severely penalized today in many educational institutions.
Microeconomics Paper Topics
Finding the right topic to write a paper on is one of the most important stages of the writing process. Choose the right one, and you will make life so much easier for yourself; choose the wrong one, and it’ll be three times as hard to write it.
That’s why it is crucial to invest sufficient time in selecting the right topic. The time you spend doing it will pay back in the time and effort saved during the actual writing.
In this blog post, we have compiled a list of possible topics you could choose to write a paper in microeconomics. Some are rather narrow, others are broader. The common thing is that they will not pose any additional difficulties in writing and there are plenty of sources to get information from.
Key areas of research
As a more developed science than macroeconomics, microeconomics studies the economic tendencies, predicts what will happen when individuals make certain buying decisions, and how it will impact the distribution of resources. At that microeconomics doesn’t explain what should happen on the market, but only what to expect when certain conditions change.
The study of microeconomics includes the following key areas that one can focus on when writing a paper:
- Demand, supply, and their balance
- Elasticity – the ratio of responsiveness of one variable to the change of another variable
- Consumer demand theory – the way consumers can find a balance between purchasing needs and costs
- The theory of production – the study of how inputs are converted into outputs
- Costs of production
- Perfect competition
- Monopoly – the existence of a single supplier for a particular commodity
- Oligopoly – a form of market in which it is dominated by a small number of sellers
- Market structure and market systems
- Game theory
- Labor economics
- Welfare economics
- Economics of information
- Opportunity cost
Examples of more specific topics you can use for your paper
Supply and demand:
- How supply and demand affect pricing
- How supply and demand are affected by the labor market
- Distinct types of market structures and their effect on supply
Nature and ecology:
- The impact of seasonal fluctuations on the economy
- Demand and supply for clean energy
- How natural conditions affect the economy
- The influence of ecology on the choice of industry location
- The profitability of changing the location to one with better ecology
- The correlation between modern ecological problems and the economy
- How companies treat ecology under market and planned economies
- Assimilation potential of a certain area
- Fighting pollution and its microeconomic impact
- Decreasing environmental influences of a small business
- The characteristics of private health care centers
- The correlation between healthcare profits and taxation
Business, SMB, and manufacturing
- The difficulties of starting a business in the current market conditions
- Diminishing returns
- Improving profitability of a small store
- How local manufacturing affects the society
- Purchasing local produce and its effect on the economy
- Elements of a successful business
- Creating a positive work place and its importance for a successful business
- How can a small business survive an economic crisis?
- The competition between small and big companies
- A case study of a company that was forced to shut down
- The longevity of companies in the ever-changing market
- Local customer trends
- The benefits of a no-sale policy
- The effects of a recession on a certain industry
- How to expand a business without losses or risks
- What makes a strong leader in business
- Preventing bankruptcy of a small business
- The benefits and future of crowdfunding
Social media, PR, and advertising
- The effect of advertising on purchasing decisions
- The odds of success when living through a quality-related scandal
- The role of social media marketing in stimulating supply
Goods, pricing and purchasing power
- The effect of the purchasing ability of consumers on the pricing system
- A Veblen good – the product purchased for the pride of owning it in addition to its value
- Manipulation of the prices for oil and gas by cartels
- Prices versus salary – will the raise of the minimum wages affect prices?
These are but a few ideas of microeconomic paper topics, which means this list is far from complete. We encourage you to look for other ideas that will help your paper stand out.
Ask a question