Coming Up With English Literature Research Paper Topics On Byron
George Gordon Byron was a British writer, who became famous for the effect and inspiration in his poetry from the Romantic Movement that commenced in the 18th century. He has written many poems and plays, but mostly famous for the lengthy narrative poems Childe Harold’s Pilgrimage’ and ‘Don Juan’. He has a great contribution in the field of English literature.
Therefore, when you are about to select a topic on his work, then you should go through his great and popular writings. You will get the idea of what is to select for your research paper accordingly. English literature is a vast ocean where there are many writers and authors from different periods. So you have to be very careful while selecting a topic, so that your research paper can leave a mark on the mind of the readers.
He has written many masterpieces, which denote the era of romanticism. So you have to check out in the library for the references and in the internet too, you can get various ideas about the topic, as well as some example of English literature research papers done by some other scholars. Prepare a plan beforehand that how will you arrange the whole matter.
Here are some topics which you can opt for your research:
- Essence and idealism in the poetry of Lord Byron.
- The imperishable philosophy in the poetry, Don Juan.
- The imagery associated with the subject of ‘She walks in Beauty’.
- The post apocalyptic landscape presented in ‘Darkness’.
- The main important theme of ‘The Prisoner of Chillon’.
- The main function of the ‘Sonnet of Chillon’ in the beginning of ‘The Prisoner of Chillon’.
- Present Don Juan as a mock epic.
- Present the autobiographical elements in ‘Childe’s Harold Pilgrimage’.
- The mournful tone of the lost love in ‘When we two parted’.
- The language used for the creation of the mournful tone in ‘When we two parted’.
- The focus on the admiration in ‘She walks in Beauty’.
- Presentation of the war with romanticism in ‘The Greek War of Independence’.
- The satirical presentation in ‘The Vision of Judgment’.
- The symbolization of detachment in the poem ‘When two are parted’.
- The emotional turmoil of a iconoclastic man in ‘Manfred’.
- Use of Biblical figures in the play ‘Cain’ to denote the sign of hope and promise which turn instead into envy and the dark side of the human nature.
- Representation of the historical story of the old Marno Faliero, the Doge of Venice in ‘Marino Faliero’.
- Biblical representation in ‘Cain’ and ‘Heaven and Earth’.
- The influence of Milton and Shakespeare in the plays of Byron by following the traits of British romantic drama.
A List Of Interesting British Literature Term Paper Ideas
British Literature has been a beacon for budding writers of different nationalities. Therefore, it offers vast space for term papers. It is interesting to comment on how British Literature itself went through too many ups and downs and found enough reference points to get inspired from.
You will not find it hard to choose a topic for British literature term paper. You will generally get a good collection to choose from. Here is a list of 10 exciting British literature term papers –
- A look into how women were viewed in literary works – In the medieval period, the women were often showed in poor light but Shakespeare changed all that with powerful characters in Lady Macbeth and Portia. An interesting term paper subject.
- A full case study on Nathaniel Hawthorne’s Scarlet Letter – This is a scintilla in the world of literature; bringing out the pangs of adultery and deception.
- A synopsis on the Victorian period – The Victorian period provided important literary works. The term paper would look into the impact that the period itself had on the works.
- The ingratiation of different cultures into Britain and its impact on literary works – Britain has always been very absorptive of foreign immigrants. The research would be on the influence of these fringe people.
- The ethos and manner of character evolution of Charles Dickens – Charles Dickens was a simple yet evocative writer.
- Works of the Lake Poets – You cannot come out of the works of Coleridge, Wordsworth and Southey without getting inspired. The term paper would have too many perspectives to use.
- Contribution of William Shakespeare – Now, this does not require any introduction but will have some thinking to do when presented in form of a term paper. His contribution is so immense that it is easy to bypass certain sections.
- Books on War and the impact they had on the gentry – Britain has been riddled with war and the sword has always had a credible impact on the pen.
- Clear demarcation of class in the 18th-19th century and the way it was represented – The difference in classes and the turning of people into pariahs gave birth to writers with a vengeance. Let the term paper shed light on that.
- A case study on D. H. Lawrence’s Lady Chatterley’s Lover – Lady Chatterley lover is a masterpiece which showed the world how to explain and beautify sex. The case study would be illuminating.