SLCC is a comprehensive community college with an open admission policy as established by the Louisiana Legislature and approved by the Board of Regents. All students applying to South Louisiana Community College must submit an Application for Admission which can be completed online.
In order to be eligible for Financial Aid, students must have completed high school or earned an equivalency (GED or HiSET).
If you have previously applied at SLCC, and already submitted the required documents, we still have them on file.
Documents can be submitted in one of the following ways:
- email to email@example.com, include full name and date of birth or Student ID number
- fax to 337.521.8052, include cover sheet with full name and date of birth or Student ID number
- mail to Admissions Office, 1101 Bertrand Drive, Lafayette, LA 70506, include full name date of birth or Student ID number
- Updated Immunization Records (required by Louisiana Law)
- Proof of registration with Selective Service, if applicable. Acceptable documents include a copy of the applicant's Selective Service registration card or a printout from the Selective Service website indicating the applicant's registration status.
NOTE: Some programs have competitive enrollment and/or additional admission requirements. Please visit our webpage on Applying for Practical Nursing or RN Application for more information about qualifying for those programs.
As required by law, students born after 1956 must provide proof of immunization against measles, mumps, rubella, and tetanus-diphtheria as a condition of enrollment. A copy of the "shot" records furnished by a clinic or health care provider is satisfactory.
Students may claim exemption from the requirement for medical, personal, or religious reasons by completing a waiver statement. Students are able to electronically sign a waiver statement when completing the online application.
A print version of the Immunization Form and Waiver Statement are available HERE.
In addition to the admission requirements listed above, International Students must also provide the following:
- copy of high school transcript translated into English
- official TOEFL or IELTS score report
- copy of passport
- copy of Visa (if applicable)
- copy of the most recent I-20 (if applicable)
- I-20 Transfer Form from past schools (if applicable)
After all requirements have been submitted, international applicants must make an appointment with our International Student Admissions Advisor by calling 337.521.9622.
A Lifetime of Success Begins Here.
At SLCC, we know our students by name. Whether you’re getting a jump-start on your four-year degree, learning a technical skill, or enhancing your existing skill set, you’ll receive the one-on-one attention and support you need for a lifetime of success. Countless programs at SLCC boast a high job-placement rate, each with highly competitive wages. With our flexible Associate of General Studies, you can explore your interests or transition directly to a four-year institution. Our small-campus environments — eight total across Acadiana — are friendly, affordable, and close to where you live and work. Your educational journey begins here, and applying couldn’t be simpler.
We are currently accepting applications for the following semester(s):
- Summer 2018- We will start sending admission information on January 8th, 2018. Registration begins March 26th, 2018.
- Fall 2018- We will start sending admission information on January 8th, 2018. Registration begins March 26th, 2018.