Extended essays are necessary to obtain most International Baccalaureate (IB) degrees, and they are a kind of paper many students have not experienced before. Learn how to make a winning extended essay through a proper topic choice.
Your extended essay should be in a subject that was part of your IB studies. Choose a topic you would feel comfortable exploring. Keep it broad enough. For example, a comparative study of a particular theme in two novels would be better than to focus on a single novel.
Before you start brainstorming for topic ideas, read books and articles about your broad area of interest. Such readings may suggest some topics you can use. Choose a single idea. It does not need to be perfect - you need it as a starting point for the next step.
Write your topic in the center of a sheet of paper. Surround it with associations or related sub-topics that it brings to your mind. Draw lines between the topic and subtopics. Then, make similar "wheels" around each sub-topic. This exercise can help you choose a specific focus of your paper that will be both manageable and original.
The Top 25 Most Popular IB Extended Essay Topic Ideas
An IB extended essay is an important paper in your academic career because it decides many things about your grades. You may be viable for getting a scholarship or a grant based on what you score in this assignment. It is essential for students to keep the details and requirements by their teachers in mind while attempting such papers. If your instructor or professor wants you to follow a specific style and address a particular subject in your paper, then you cannot ignore to do so. In order to score well, you must follow the right directions
The topics for an IB extended essay
The topic of your essay is critical as it decides the scope of your work. You have to narrow down the subject and choose an area that you can easily address. It is often best to pick those topics that you are passionate about. When you are passionate about what you write then you can easily address it in your paper. Your audience can tell by looking at the paper whether you were interested in the subject or not
If you are having a hard time choosing the right topic for your essay, then you should consider the following ideas. These will help you create a strong paper for your IB extended essay
- Visual Arts
- Comics definition debate
- Come into the Garden Mind
- Tennyson's Pessimistic attitude
- The roles of computers in improving the society
- The role of technology in deproving the society
- The Marxist principles and soviet union
- Marxism as an ideology
- The failure in Marxism
- Class difference versus racism
- The Pen's view of the Sword
- The relationship between the soil properties and development of vines
- Yielding of grape vines
- Wine stashing and quality
- The originality in Hamlet and its setting as of today
- The interaction between repulsive forces and current
- The night of the long knives, could it be avoided
- The conspiracy of bomb plantation against Hitler
- The movie Valkyrie and its relation to the truth
- Symbolism in Victorian literature
- Language barriers for students in overseas universities
- Comparative study between the history of India and Pakistan
- Are historians biased? How can one tell the true history of a person or nation
- The case for and against abortion in different countries