Sample Cover letter for Billing Clerk
Understand the way of writing cover letter for Billing Clerk by viewing the sample letter mentioned below. Good English, good format and good content are the three important factors which must be there in your letter.
(Write your name and address)
1532 Stratford Park
(Write Employer’s name and address)
New York Times Company
3647 Bryan Avenue
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
I learned of the job opportunity related to Billing Clerk position through CollegeRecruiter . I have the requisite qualifications and work experience requiredfor the job. I firmly believe that I could make a important contribution to New York Times Company in this position.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Providing monthly reports to managers and daily target reports for the credit control team using Microsoft Excel.
- Assisting the credit controllers with their workload; recently I have taken on my own ledger and chased clients on a weekly basis.
- Liaising with a wide variety of external clients and different levels of staff internally.
- Dealing with high volumes of invoices of which authorities have to be matched to appropriate amounts.
- Process bad debt write off’s
- General administration and ad-hoc duties
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I am interested in working in this position so that I can put my effort and knowledge to good use in the interests of your organization. You can contact me at above telephone number for arranging an interview or even mail me at email address mentioned n my resume. I would like to thanks you for your consideration and valuable time.
Filed Under: Cover Letter
Billing Clerk Cover Letter
Billing Clerks work in the finance field and are mainly responsible for issuing invoices to customers and maintaining customer files. Principal responsibilities include preparing monthly customer statements, processing credit memos, issuing customer account statements, receiving payments through various methods, answering customer questions, reporting to the upper management, entering invoices into customer invoicing websites, and updating their job knowledge.
Successful Billing Clerk example cover letters focus on the following job assets:
- Accounting experience
- Detail orientation
- Time management and being able to work under pressure
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong math skills
- Organization and planning
- Computer competences and knowledge of relevant software
Just below is displayed a cover letter sample for Billing Clerk highlighting comparable skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Billing Clerk Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Latta:
When I read your posting for a Billing Clerk, I was excited to submit my resume for your review. With six years of experience in accounts receivable and collections—along with my proven skills in time management, communication, and leadership—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit Plymouth Waterworks in this role.
My background includes solid experience sending customer invoices, processing payments, identifying past-due accounts, and resolving general billing issues and concerns while ensuring a superior level of customer service. With a strong foundation in customer account review and collection, my problem-solving and interpersonal talents will enable me to excel as your next Billing Clerk.
Highlights of my background include:
- Ensuring billing operational efficiency and accuracy as a Billing Clerk for the City of Birmingham’s Water Department, skillfully analyzing and handling invoices, payments, and financial records while responding to and quickly resolving customer billing inquiries.
- Placing collection calls when necessary to customers with open balances, focusing on past-due account payments.
- Receiving and processing incoming cash and check payments and ensuring meticulous and accurate documentation in customer payment records.
- Communicating directly and courteously with customers to review and verify billing data and facilitate timely payments.
- Leveraging my superior analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills to achieve outstanding results.
With my strong experience in accounts receivable and collections, coupled with keen financial acumen and dedication to customer service excellence, I am confident that I could quickly exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Renee C. McClain